Key Set Entry
Related Key Set Photographs
A corresponding print was given to the following institution(s) by Alfred Stieglitz during his lifetime, or was received or acquired from the estate:
The Art Institute of Chicago, 1949.836
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University, New Haven, YCAL MSS 85, box 129, folder 2495
George Eastman Museum, Rochester 74:0052:0072
Library of Congress, Washington, PH-15 B
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 49.55.15
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 50.834
Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1949-18-52
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, 52.1797
by Alfred Stieglitz, lower left, in plate: AS / 1910; all on backing board, center, on Collection of Alfred Stieglitz label, in black ink: Alfred Stieglitz / The City of Ambitions / Original Gravure [underlined] / Original neg. 4x5. Made in 1910. Proof / shown at Stieglitz exhibition, March 1913.
by Doris Bry, on backing board, lower left, in graphite: 130-D
by later hand, upper left, in blue pencil: 437; stamped, in black ink: 25635
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
Associated NamesO'Keeffe, Georgia
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Stieglitz in the Darkroom, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, October 4, 1992–February 14, 1993
- City of Ambition: Artists and New York, 1900–1960, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, July 3–October 27, 1996
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2001
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 38.
- Bender, Thomas, and Carl E. Schorske, eds. Budapest and New York: Studies in Metropolitan Transformation, 1870–1930. New York, 1994: fig. 11.8.
- Gerdts, William H. Impressionist New York. New York, 1994: 120, fig. 89.
- City of Ambition: Artists and New York, 1900–1960. Exh. cat. Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 1996: 11.
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001: no. 31.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 1, cat. 342.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: