Key Set Entry
Related Key Set Photographs
For more information about this photograph, see Key Set number
A corresponding print was given to the following institution(s) by Alfred Stieglitz during his lifetime, or was received or acquired from the estate:
The Art Institute of Chicago, 1949.845 (inscribed: “Old and New New York.” 1910)
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 49.55.17
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, 52.1853
by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, lower center, in graphite: #4; on backing board, center verso, on Alfred Stieglitz Collection label, in black ink: Alfred Stieglitz / Original Gravure / Proof New York— / Old & New / 1910 / Exhibition, Photo-Secession Gallery, 1913; center right: 1944 Philadelphia Museum of Art label
by Doris Bry, lower left, in graphite: 132A
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
Associated NamesO'Keeffe, Georgia
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- On the Art of Fixing a Shadow: 150 Years of Photography, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, May 7–July 30, 1989; The Art Institute of Chicago, September 16–November 26, 1989; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, December 21, 1989–February 25, 1990
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2001
- Alfred Stieglitz: Known and Unknown, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, June 2–September 2, 2002; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, October 6, 2002–January 5, 2003
- Es war einmal in Amerika: 300 Jahre US-Amerikanische Kunst [Once Upon a Time in America: Three Centuries of US-American Art], Wallraf-Richartz-Museum, Cologne, 2018-2019.
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 40.
- Greenough, Sarah, Joel Snyder, David Travis, and Colin Westerbeck. On the Art of Fixing a Shadow: One Hundred and Fifty Years of Photography. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington; Art Institute of Chicago, 1989: pl. 187.
- Bender, Thomas, and Carl E. Schorske, eds. Budapest and New York: Studies in Metropolitan Transformation, 1870–1930. New York, 1994: fig. 11.2.
- Gerdts, William H. Impressionist New York. New York, 1994: 14, fig. 5.
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001: no. 25.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 1, cat. 345.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: