Key Set Entry
Related Key Set Photographs
For more information about this photograph, see Key Set number
A corresponding print was given to the following institution(s) by Alfred Stieglitz during his lifetime, or was received or acquired from the estate:
The Art Institute of Chicago, 1949.843
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 49.55.10
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, 52.1854
by Alfred Stieglitz, on backing board, center verso, on Collection of Alfred Stieglitz label, in black ink: Alfred Stieglitz / Original Gravure / Proof / Stieglitz Exhibition-Photo-Secession / Gallery, 1913; on printed label: 24. Outward Bound, The Mauretania—1910
by Doris Bry, on backing board, lower left, in graphite: 124-B
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Stieglitz in the Darkroom, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, October 4, 1992–February 14, 1993
- Alfred Stieglitz: Known and Unknown, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, June 2–September 2, 2002; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, October 6, 2002–January 5, 2003
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 41.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 1, cat. 335.