by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, upper left verso, in graphite: Exhibition 1921 / Marius De Zayas 1915 / by Stieglitz
by Georgia O'Keeffe, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 84 C
by later hand, on mount, center right, in graphite: 7-1944-352; lower right verso: 7-1944-352
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Group Portrait: The First American Avant-Garde, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, DC, May 10–October 27, 1991
- Nexus New York: Latin/American Artists in the Modern Metropolis, El Museo del Barrio, New York, 2009–2010
- Man Ray: African Art and the Modernist Lens, The Phillips Collection, Washington, DC, October 10, 2009–January 10, 2010; University of New Mexico Art Museum, Albuquerque, February 6–May 30, 2010; University of Virginia Art Museum, Charlottesville, August 7–October 10, 2010; Museum of Anthropology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, October 30, 2010–January 23, 2011
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz : The Key Set : The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 1, cat. 411.
- Cullen, Deborah, ed. Nexus New York: Latin/American Artists in the Modern Metropolis. El Museo del Barrio, New York, 2009–2010.
- Grossman, Wendy. Man Ray, African Art and the Modernist Lens. Exh. cat. The Phillips Collection, Washington, 2009.