Arnaldo Corsi, Florence. possibly Icilio Federico Joni [1866-1946], Siena; sold 1912 to (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York), as by Baldovinetti; sold to William Salomon [1852-1919], New York; by inheritance to Mrs. William Salomon, New York; sold 1923 to (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); Clarence H. Mackay, Roslyn [1874-1938], New York, by 1924 until at least 1926; (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York), probably from Mackay; sold 1936 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- Loan Exhibition of Important Early Italian Paintings in the Possession of Notable American Collectors, Duveen Brothers, New York, 1924, no. 20, as by Alesso Baldovinetti (no. 9 in illustrated 1926 version of catalogue).
- Italian Art, Hillyer Art Gallery, Smith College, Northampton, 1925, no cat.
- Duveen Brothers. Duveen Pictures in Public Collections of America. New York, 1941: no. 58, repro., as by Alesso Baldovinetti.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 10-11, no. 325, pl. I, as by Alesso Baldovinetti.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 246, repro. 60, as by Alesso Baldovinetti.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 45, repro., as by Alesso Baldovinetti.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 102.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 114-115, fig. 312.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 90, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 268, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: 1:367-358; 2:pl. 266.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 311, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 574-577, color repro.
- Langhanke, Birgit. Die Madonnenreliefs im Werk von Antonio Rossellino. Ph.D. diss. Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich, 2013: 228, n. 156, 480 fig. 113.