by Georgia O'Keeffe, on mount, lower left recto, in graphite: Treated by Steichen
by later hand, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 84 E
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, March 16–April 27, 1958
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Alfred Stieglitz: Known and Unknown, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, June 2–September 2, 2002; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, October 6, 2002–January 5, 2003
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 60, pl. 30.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz : The Key Set : The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 1, cat. 463.