Key Set Entry
A corresponding print was given to the following institution(s) by Alfred Stieglitz during his lifetime, or was received or acquired from the estate:
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 24.1721 (inscribed: Portrait: Georgia Engelhard / Photograph by / Alfred Stieglitz / 1920 / Print & negative made by / Alfred Stieglitz / Lake George, 1920 / This is Print no. 2 from / this negative)
The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 58.1950
A print from the same negative—perhaps a photograph from the Gallery’s collection—appeared in the following exhibition(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
1921, New York (nos. 96–97, as Georgia Engelhard, 1920)
by later hand, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 55 B; lower right verso: 0104
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, March 16–April 27, 1958
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Bry, Doris. Exhibition of Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1958: pl. 7.
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 100.
- Peters, Sarah Whitaker. Becoming O'Keeffe: The Early Years. New York, 1991: pl. 161.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 1, cat. 639.