by Doris Bry, on mount, lower left, in graphite: Treated by Steichen-6/50; lower left verso: 38 C
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, February 3–May 8, 1983, no. 70; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984.
- Group Portrait: The First American Avant-Garde, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, 1991.
- Inventing Marcel Duchamp: The Dynamics of Portraiture, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, Washington, 2009, unnumbered catalogue.
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 70, pl. 32.
- Greenough 2002, cat. 841.
- Goodyear, Anne Collins and James W. McManus, eds. Inventing Marcel Duchamp: The Dynamics of Portraiture. Exh. cat., National Portrait Gallery, Washington, DC, 2009.