Key Set Entry
Related Key Set Photographs
According to a letter from Charles Demuth to Stieglitz (16 April 1923, YCAL, see Key Set number 842), Stieglitz made this portrait and Key Set number
A corresponding print was given to the following institution(s) by Alfred Stieglitz during his lifetime, or was received or acquired from the estate:
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University, New Haven, YCAL MSS 85, box 124, folder 2472 [gelatin silver]
A print from the same negative—perhaps a photograph from the Gallery’s collection—appeared in the following exhibition(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
by Doris Bry, on mount, lower left, in graphite: Treated by Steichen-6/50; lower left verso: 38 C
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
Associated NamesO'Keeffe, Georgia
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Group Portrait: The First American Avant-Garde, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, DC, May 10–October 27, 1991
- Inventing Marcel Duchamp: The Dynamics of Portraiture, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, DC, 2009
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 70, pl. 32.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 2, cat. 841.
- Goodyear, Anne Collins, and James W. McManus, eds. Inventing Marcel Duchamp: The Dynamics of Portraiture. Exh. cat. National Portrait Gallery, Washington, 2009.