by George O'Keeffe, on mount, top left verso, in graphite: 240 E
by later hand, upper right verso, on mount, in graphite: A % / Z [circled]; center right, erased: L.G.B. / 2 [circled]; lower right: 0.33
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, March 16 – April 27, 1958, no. 85.
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, February 3–May 8, 1983, no. 111; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984.
- Two Lives: A Conversation in Paintings and Photographs, The Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Minneapolis [Minnesota]; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston [Texas], 1993.
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 111.
- Two Lives: A Conversation in Paintings and Photographs Exh. cat., The Phillips Collection (Washington, 1992), 134.
- Greenough 2002, cat. 862.