Key Set Entry
A corresponding print was given to the following institution(s) by Alfred Stieglitz during his lifetime, or was received or acquired from the estate:
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 50.846
A print from the same negative—perhaps a photograph from the Gallery’s collection—appeared in the following exhibition(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
by George O'Keeffe, on mount, top left verso, in graphite: 240 E
by later hand, upper right verso, on mount, in graphite: A % / Z [circled]; center right, erased: L.G.B. / 2 [circled]; lower right: 0.33
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
Associated NamesO'Keeffe, Georgia
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, March 16–April 27, 1958
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Two Lives: Georgia O’Keeffe and Alfred Stieglitz—A Conversation in Painting and Photographs, The Phillips Collection, Washington, DC, December 2, 1992–April 4, 1993; IBM Gallery of Science and Art, New York, April 27–June 26, 1993; The Minneapolis Institute of Arts, July 17–September 12, 1993; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, October 2–December 5, 1993
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 111.
- Arrowsmith, Alexandra, Thomas West, and Belinda Rathbone. Two Lives: A Conversation in Paintings and Photographs. Exh. cat. The Phillips Collection, Washington and New York, 1992: 134.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 2, cat. 862.