Key Set Entry
Richard Menshausen worked for the Stieglitz family at the Lake George house several days a week. Stieglitz described him as: “A real person with blue eyes—all sinew—57 years old—a worker—talks little” (Stieglitz to Arthur Dove, 23 June 1923, Arthur Dove Papers, AAA).
by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: "Richard" / 1931
by Georgia O'Keeffe, on mount, upper left verso, in graphite: 233A
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
Associated NamesO'Keeffe, Georgia
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Alfred Stieglitz at Lake George, Museum of Modern Art, New York, September 14, 1995–January 2, 1996
- Alfred Stieglitz: The Lake George Years, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 2010
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 116.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 2, cat. 1403.
- Annear, Judy, ed. Alfred Stieglitz: The Lake George Years. Exh. cat. Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 2010.