Key Set Entry
Related Key Set Photographs
A corresponding print was given to the following institution(s) by Alfred Stieglitz during his lifetime, or was received or acquired from the estate:
The Art Institute of Chicago, 1949.773
Fisk University, Nashville, and Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, Bentonville, ASC.2012.99
George Eastman Museum, Rochester, 74:0052:0059
Library of Congress, Washington, PH-51 B
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 50.840
The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 60.1950
National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo, Ph-173
Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1949-18-77
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, 52.1808
A print corresponding with this photograph can also be found in the following collection(s):
Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth, P1998.77
Bruce Silverstein Gallery, New York
Cincinnati Art Museum, 1982.78
Collection of Richard and Ronay Menschel
Musée d'Orsay, Paris, PHO 2003 8 19
National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2003.115.36.a
National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa, no. 37978
New Mexico Museum of Art, Santa Fe, 1993.51.5
Private collection, San Francisco
Saint Louis Art Museum, 20:1982
Victoria and Albert Museum, London, E.899-2003
by Doris Bry, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 23-E
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Alfred Stieglitz: Known and Unknown, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, June 2–September 2, 2002; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, October 6, 2002–January 5, 2003
- Norman, Dorothy. "Alfred Stieglitz on Photography.” Magazine of Art 43 (December 1950): 300.
- Shiffman, Joseph. "The Alienation of the Artist: Alfred Stieglitz." American Quarterly 3 (Fall 1951): fig. 2.
- Norman, Dorothy. "Alfred Stieglitz: Visionary Photographer." Art in America 46 (Fall 1958): 55.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 2, cat. 1468.