Key Set Entry
A corresponding print was given to the following institution(s) by Alfred Stieglitz during his lifetime, or was received or acquired from the estate:
The Art Institute of Chicago, 1949.780
George Eastman Museum, Rochester, 74:0052:0095
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 50.843
Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1949-18-84 (inscribed: G1)
A print corresponding with this photograph can also be found in the following collection(s):
The Cleveland Museum of Art, 1935.97 (inscribed: Vines to Grasses—/ Lake George—1934 / Alfred Stieglitz)
Collection of Karen and Kevin Kennedy
Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, 2018.84.20
A print from the same negative—perhaps a photograph from the Gallery’s collection—appeared in the following exhibition(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
A reproduction of this work appeared in the following publication(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
Waldo Frank et al., America & Alfred Stieglitz (New York, 1934): pl. 29c (ill., Hedge and Grasses—Lake George, 1933)
by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, center verso, in graphite: A + 1 / Good
by Georgia O'Keeffe, on mount, lower left, in graphite: 44-E
by later hand, on mount, upper left verso, in graphite, in square: 1
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
Associated NamesO'Keeffe, Georgia
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2001
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 123.
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001: no. 184.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 2, cat. 1508.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: