by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, upper right verso, in graphite: A1 Plus / Swell Print
by Georgia O'Keeffe, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 17D
by later hand, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 2
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, February 3–May 8, 1983, no. 113; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984.
- Alfred Stieglitz at Lake George. Museum of Modern Art, New York, 14 September 1995-2 January 1996, illus. pl.91.
- Photographs from the Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1999.
- Alfred Stieglitz: Known and Unknown, National Gallery of Art, Washington; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, 2002-2003, as Lake George.
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 113.
- Greenough 2002, cat. 814.