by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, upper left verso, in graphite: Exhibition 1923 / VI
by later hand, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 28B
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Alfred Stieglitz: The Lake George Years, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 2010
- Inventing Abstraction, 1910–1925: How a Radical Idea Changed Modern Art, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2012–2013
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 132.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz : The Key Set : The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 1, cat. 798.
- Annear, Judy, ed. Alfred Stieglitz: The Lake George Years. Exh. cat. Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 2010.