by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: Portrait of Georgia / No. 3 / 1923
by Doris Bry, on mount, lower right verso, in graphite: 163-A
by later hand, on mount, upper right verso, in graphite: 0.37
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Two Lives: Georgia O’Keeffe and Alfred Stieglitz—A Conversation in Painting and Photographs, The Phillips Collection, Washington, DC, December 2, 1992–April 4, 1993; IBM Gallery of Science and Art, New York, April 27–June 26, 1993; The Minneapolis Institute of Arts, July 17–September 12, 1993; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, October 2–December 5, 1993
- Alfred Stieglitz: Known and Unknown, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, June 2–September 2, 2002; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, October 6, 2002–January 5, 2003
- Bry, Doris. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographer. Exh. cat. Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1965: pl. 40.
- Arrowsmith, Alexandra, Thomas West, and Belinda Rathbone. Two Lives: A Conversation in Paintings and Photographs. Exh. cat. The Phillips Collection, Washington and New York, 1992: 46.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz : The Key Set : The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 2, cat. 922.