by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: Portrait of Georgia / No. 3 / 1923
by Doris Bry, on mount, lower right verso, in graphite: 163-A
by later hand, on mount, upper right verso, in graphite: 0.37
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Two Lives: A Conversation in Paintings and Photographs, The Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C.; I.B.M. Gallery, New York, 1992.
- Alfred Stieglitz: Known and Unknown, National Gallery of Art, Washington; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, 2002-2003.
- Robert Marks, "Man with a Cause," Coronet 4 (September 1938), 170 (Equivalent, 1924).
- Bry, Doris. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographer Exh. cat., Museum of Fine Arts (Boston, 1965), pl. 40.
- Two Lives: A Conversation in Paintings and Photographs Exh. cat., The Phillips Collection (New York, 1992), 46.
- Greenough 2002, cat. 922.