Key Set Entry
Related Key Set Photographs
The dates for this photograph and Key Set number
A print corresponding with this photograph can also be found in the following collection(s):
Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth, P2004.3
The Baltimore Museum of Art, 1988.572
Musée d'Orsay, Paris, PHO 2003 8 10
The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1805.1968
Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1975-26-1; 1997-146-104 (inscribed: For Dorothy / CC)
Richard and Ellen Sandor Family Collection (inscribed: The Hill and the Sky / Lake George / 1921 / by Alfred Stieglitz / For Marguerite Fischel / December 9, 1935 / May the stars be good to you / these coming years / Your old / Stieglitz)
A print from the same negative—perhaps a photograph from the Gallery’s collection—appeared in the following exhibition(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
A reproduction of this work appeared in the following publication(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
Waldo Frank et al., America & Alfred Stieglitz (New York, 1934): pl. 27d (ill., Lake George, 1924)
Twice a Year 1 (Fall–Winter 1938): frontispiece (ill., Mountain and Sky, Lake George, 1923)
by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, upper right verso, in brown pencil: B[?] / 1[?]; lower left verso, in graphite: Lake George—1919 / by Stieglitz
by Georgia O'Keeffe, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 26B
by later hand, on mount, lower right verso, in graphite: 7-1944-361
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
Associated NamesO'Keeffe, Georgia
- Georgia O'Keeffe, Tate Modern, London, July 6–October 30, 2016; Bank Austria Kunstforum, Vienna, December 7, 2016–March 26, 2017; Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, April 22–July 30, 2017
- Norman, Dorothy. "Alfred Stieglitz on Photography.” Magazine of Art 43 (December 1950): 301.
- Norman, Dorothy. Alfred Stieglitz: An American Seer. New York, 1973: pl. xxxviii.
- Peters, Sarah Whitaker. Becoming O'Keeffe: The Early Years. New York, 1991: pl. 117.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 1, cat. 803.