by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, upper left verso, in graphite: Set C2 [2 in subscript] No. 5; lower left verso: E+1 / Z+1 / Perry / AS+1
by Georgia O'Keeffe, on mount, upper left verso, in graphite: 216-E
by later hand, on mount, lower right verso, in graphite: 024
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, March 16–April 27, 1958
- On the Art of Fixing a Shadow: 150 Years of Photography, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, May 7–July 30, 1989; The Art Institute of Chicago, September 16–November 26, 1989; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, December 21, 1989–February 25, 1990
- Visual Music, The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles; Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington, DC, 2005
- Greenough, Sarah, Joel Snyder, David Travis, and Colin Westerbeck. On the Art of Fixing a Shadow: One Hundred and Fifty Years of Photography. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington; Art Institute of Chicago, 1989: pl. 257.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 2, cat. 1257.