Key Set Entry
Related Key Set Photographs
A corresponding print was given to the following institution(s) by Alfred Stieglitz during his lifetime, or was received or acquired from the estate:
The Art Institute of Chicago, 1949.796 (inscribed: Ex 1932 / 1930 )
Library of Congress, Washington, PH-42 A (inscribed: 1930)
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 50.853
The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 92.1943.6 (inscribed: An Equivalent in a Series of 7 Equivalents A, B, C, D, E, F, G—(1921–1938) / This is F)
A print corresponding with this photograph can also be found in the following collection(s):
Bruce Silverstein Gallery, New York
The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, 93.XM.25.14 (inscribed: For Georgia / 1930)
The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1805.1968
The Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1967-285-1 (inscribed: To D. / 31. / 1930)
Victoria and Albert Museum, London, E.896-2003
A print from the same negative—perhaps a photograph from the Gallery’s collection—appeared in the following exhibition(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
A reproduction of this work appeared in the following publication(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
Robert W. Marks, “Man with a Cause,” Coronet 4 (September 1938): 167 (ill., Equivalent, 1923)
Robert W. Marks, “Stieglitz—Patriarch of Photography,” Popular Photography 6 (April 1940): 21 (ill., untitled)
by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, center verso, in graphite: Ex 1932; lower left verso: 1G / 1930 [underlined]
by later hands, on mount, upper left verso, in graphite: 152E; lower left verso, in brown pencil: 11 [underlined]; lower right verso, in graphite: 025
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
Associated NamesO'Keeffe, Georgia
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, March 16–April 27, 1958
- Engelhard, Georgia. "The Face of Alfred Stieglitz." Popular Photography 19 (September 1946): 54.
- Engelhard, Georgia. "Alfred Stieglitz: 'Father of Modern Photography.'" The Camera 69 (June 1947): 50.
- Norman, Dorothy. "Alfred Stieglitz on Photography.” Magazine of Art 43 (December 1950): 299.
- "The Equivalent Tradition." Aperture 95 (Summer 1984): 9.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 2, cat. 1330.