by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, upper right verso, in graphite, circled: A-1, Plus / Swell Print
by Georgia O'Keeffe, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 2E
by later hands, on mount, upper left verso, in graphite, in square: 1; lower left verso: 2
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, February 3–May 8, 1983, no. 159; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Two Lives: A Conversation in Paintings and Photographs, The Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C.; I.B.M. Gallery, New York, 1992.
- City of Ambition: Artists and New York, 1900-1960, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, New York, 3 July-27 October 1996.
- Frank, Waldo, et al. America and Alfred Stieglitz. New York, 1934: pl. xxviii.d (From My Window - The Shelton - New York, 1930).
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 159.
- Two Lives: A Conversation in Paintings and Photographs. New York, 1992: p. 103.
- City of Ambition: Artists and New York, 1900-1960. Exh. cat. Whitney Museum of American Art. New York, 1996: p. 60.