Key Set Entry
Related Key Set Photographs
- Alfred Stieglitz
- From My Window at the Shelton, Southeast
- gelatin silver print
- Key Set Number 1449
A corresponding print was given to the following institution(s) by Alfred Stieglitz during his lifetime, or was received or acquired from the estate:
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University, New Haven, YCAL MSS 85, box 125, folder 2482
Library of Congress, Washington, PH-43 B (inscribed: B. Plus)
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, 52.1823
A print corresponding with this photograph can also be found in the following collection(s):
Collection of Gary B. Sokol (inscribed: From My Window—The Shelton—New York—1930 / Alfred Stieglitz / Given / to DN / by AS / 1934)
A print from the same negative—perhaps a photograph from the Gallery’s collection—appeared in the following exhibition(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
1932, New York (nos. 17–18, as From my window at The Shelton—southeast, 1931)
A reproduction of this work appeared in the following publication(s) during Alfred Stieglitz’s lifetime:
Waldo Frank et al., America & Alfred Stieglitz (New York, 1934): pl. 27d (ill., From My Window—The Shelton—New York, 1930)
by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, upper left verso, in graphite, in square: 1; on mount, upper right verso, in graphite, circled: A-1, Plus / Small Print; on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 2
by Georgia O'Keeffe, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 2E
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
Associated NamesO'Keeffe, Georgia
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Two Lives: Georgia O’Keeffe and Alfred Stieglitz—A Conversation in Painting and Photographs, The Phillips Collection, Washington, DC, December 2, 1992–April 4, 1993; IBM Gallery of Science and Art, New York, April 27–June 26, 1993; The Minneapolis Institute of Arts, July 17–September 12, 1993; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, October 2–December 5, 1993
- City of Ambition: Artists and New York, 1900–1960, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, July 3–October 27, 1996
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 159.
- Arrowsmith, Alexandra, Thomas West, and Belinda Rathbone. Two Lives: A Conversation in Paintings and Photographs. Exh. cat. The Phillips Collection, Washington and New York, 1992: 103.
- City of Ambition: Artists and New York, 1900–1960. Exh. cat. Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 1996: 60.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz: The Key Set: The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 2, cat. 1448.