by Alfred Stieglitz, on mount, upper right verso, in graphite, circled: A-1; center verso: Z Y X
by Georgia O'Keeffe, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 10B
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, February 3–May 8, 1983; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, June 17–August 14, 1983; The Art Institute of Chicago, October 18, 1983–January 3, 1984
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2001
- Alfred Stieglitz and His Circle: 1905–1930, Musée d'Orsay, Paris; Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, Madrid, 2004–2005
- Greenough, Sarah, and Juan Hamilton. Alfred Stieglitz: Photographs and Writings. Washington, 1983: no. 163, pl. 70.
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001: no. 111.
- Greenough, Sarah. Alfred Stieglitz : The Key Set : The Alfred Stieglitz Collection of Photographs. Washington, 2002: vol. 2, cat. 1374.