Palazzo Contarini-Mocenigo a S. Beneto, Venice, until the mid 19th century. Princes Giovanelli, Venice, by 1871 until the early 1930s. (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 15 December 1936 by The A.W. Mellon Educational and Charitable Trust, Pittsburgh; gift 1937 to NGA.
- Antonello da Messina, Museo di Arte Moderna e Contemporanea di Trento e Rovereto, Rovereto, 2013-2014, no. 34, repro.
- Duveen Brothers. Duveen Pictures in Public Collections of America. New York, 1941: no. 70, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 7, no. 31.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 239, repro. 57.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Mellon Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1949 (reprinted 1953 and 1958): 32, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Comparisons in Art: A Companion to the National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC. London, 1957 (reprinted 1959): pl. 63.
- The National Gallery of Art and Its Collections. Foreword by Perry B. Cott and notes by Otto Stelzer. National Gallery of Art, Washington (undated, 1960s): 6.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 302, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 9.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 2, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 14, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. Washington, 1979: 1:17-18; 2:pl. 11.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 118, no. 102, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 31, repro.
- Mündler, Otto. "The Travel Diaries of Otto Mündler." Ed. Carol Togneri Dowd. Walpole Society 51 (1985): 82. 257.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 42-45, color repro.