upper right: 15-31; later hand? lower center: WH; other hand lower right verso: Alex. Hirschfogel, del.
Princes of Liechtenstein, Vienna (Lugt 4398); purchased 20 April 1948 through (Walter Felichenfeldt, Zurich) by Lessing J. Rosenwald, Jenkintown, PA; gift to NGA in 1950.
- Masterpieces of Drawing: Diamond Jubilee Exhibition, Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1950-1951, no. 37, repro.
- Rosenwald Collection: An Exhibition of Recent Accessions of Prints and Drawings, NGA, 1950, no. 52, repro.
- Landscape Drawings & Water-colors: Bruegel to Cézanne, Pierpont Morgan Library, 1953, no. 3, repro.
- Masterpieces of Graphic Art from the Rosenwald Collection, NGA, 1953-1954.
- Chinese Landscape Painting, Cleveland Museum of Art, 1954-1955, no. 118, repro.
- Masterpieces from the Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection, NGA, 1954.
- Master Drawings, Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT, 1955.
- Masterpieces of Graphic Art. From the Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection, NGA, 1956.
- Gothic to Baroque, Allentown Art Museum, 1960, no. 88, repro.
- Drawings from the National Gallery of Art Collections, NGA, 1962.
- Drawings from the Collection of the National Gallery of Art, NGA, 1966.
- Prints and drawings of the Danube School; an exhibition of South German and Austrian graphic art of 1500 to 1560, Yale University Art Gallery, City Art Museum of St. Louis, Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1969-1970, no.93, repro.
- Halm 1930, 37.
- Yale UAG 1969, 93.