in image, in block, on plaque hanging from tree branch at upper left: · HGB [artist's monogram] · 1513; on verso, in graphite at lower right: 36
Marks and Labels
Henry Huth [1815-1878]; by descent to his son, Alfred Henry Huth [1850-1910]; (his sale, by Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge, London, 6 July 1911, no. 235); (C.G. Boerner, Leipzig, 5 November 1929, no. 36); purchased by Lessing J. Rosenwald [1891-1979], 1929; gift to NGA, 1943.
Associated NamesHuth, Alfred Henry
Rosenwald, Lessing Julius
- The Fantastic, the Occult, and the Bizarre in Prints from the Rosenwald Collection, NGA, 1958, no catalogue.
- Drolleries and Demons: Six Centuries of 'Fantastic' Prints, IBM Gallery, New York, NY, 1965, no. 12.
- Eva/Ave: Woman in Renaissance and Baroque Prints, NGA, 1990, no. 109, repro.
- Hans Baldung Grien, Large State Exhibition of Baden-Wurttemberg, Staatliche Kunsthalle Karlsruhe, 2019 - 2020, no. 182.
- Hollstein, F.W.H. et al. German engravings, etchings and woodcuts ca. 1400-1700. 8 vols. Amsterdam: Menno Hertzberger, 1954-1868. Dutch and Flemish etchings, engravings and woodcuts, ca. 1450-1700. Vols. I-XV, XVIII, XIX. Amsterdam: Menno Hertzberger
- Russell 1990, cat.no.109.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: