Art market, Italy; exported from Milan probably between 1792 and 1835 and in any case not later than 1859-1860; Arthur L. Nicholson, London, by 1915; (Arthur U. Newton Galleries, New York), by 1936; purchased April 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Collection, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
- Old Masters' Exhibition, Arthur U. Newton Galleries, New York, 1936.
- Exhibition of Paintings from the Arthur U. Newton Galleries, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, 1939, no. 1.
- 10th Anniversary 1931-1941, Washington County Museum of Fine Arts, Hagerstown, Maryland, 1941, no. 10.
- Recent Additions to the Kress Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no. 781.
- Ambrogio da Fossano detto il Bergognone. Un pittore per la Certosa, Museo Civico del Castello Visconteo, Pavia, 1998, no. 39, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 85, repro.
- Frankfurter, Alfred M. Supplement to the Kress Collection in the National Gallery. New York, 1946: 45, repro.
- Einstein, Lewis. Looking at Italian Pictures in the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1951: 62-64, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 172, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 16.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 9, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 20-21, fig. 43.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 36, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: 1:78-79; 2:pl. 51.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 47, repro.
- Wheeler, Marion, ed. His Face--Images of Christ in Art: Selections from the King James Version of the Bible. New York, 1988: 128, no. 103, color repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 126-129, color repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: