Possibly executed for San Francesco Grande, Milan. possibly private collection, Romagna, by c. 1900. Sir Frederick Lucas Cook, 2nd bt. [1844-1920], Doughty House, Richmond, Surrey, by 1903; by inheritance to his son, Sir Herbert Frederick Cook, 3rd bt. [1868-1939], Doughty House; by inheritance to his son, Sir Francis Ferdinand Maurice Cook, 4th bt. [1907-1978], Doughty House, and Cothay Manor, Somerset; sold June or July 1947 to (Gualtiero Volterra, London) for (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Florence); sold July 1948 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
- Loan Exhibition of the Cook Collection of Primitive and Early Renaissance Paintings (1350-1550); venues: municipal art galleries of Norwich, Sheffield, Leicester, Blackpool, Manchester, Southampton, Brighton; tour by Art Exh. Bureau, 1946-1947, no. 37.
- Vincenzo Foppa: Un protagonista del Rinascimento, Santa Giulia - Museo della Città, Brescia, 2002, no. 100, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1945-1951. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 274, no. 127.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 173, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 50.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 42, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 14, fig. 29.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 128, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:189, II:pl. 131
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 154, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 272-277, color repro.