later hand, lower center verso in pen and ink: Rembrandt / [7.?]; lower left verso in graphite: 1.o 387.
R.P. Roupell (Lugt 2234), NGA LJR (Lugt Supp.1932d)
Associated NamesRosenwald, Lessing Julius
- Rembrandt, Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, Netherlands; and Museum Boymans, Rotterdam, Netherlands, 1956, no. 145.
- Rembrandt Drawings from American Collections, Pierpont Morgan Library, New York, NY; and Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 1960, no. 45.
- Rembrandt After Three Hundred Years: An Exhibition of Rembrandt and His Followers, Art Institute of Chicago; Minneapolis Institute of Arts; Detroit Institute of Arts, 1969-1970, no. 118, repro.
- Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art [Commemorating the Tercentenary of the Artist's Death], National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1969, no. 32, 39, repro.
- Seventeenth-Century Dutch Drawings from American Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Denver Art Museum; and Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth, TX, 1977, no. 35, repro.
- NGA Master Drawings 1978, p. 58.
- Landscape in Perspective: Drawings by Rembrandt and his Contemporaries, Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA; and Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, 1988, no. 68.
- Rembrandt's Landscapes: Drawings and Prints, NGA, 1990, no. 63, repro.
- "Rembrandt", Albertina, Vienna, 2004, no. 162.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Water, Wind, and Waves; Marine Paintings from the Dutch Golden Age, NGA, 2018.
- National Gallery of Art. Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art: Commemorating the tercentenary of the artist's death. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1969: 39, no. 32, repro.
- Benesch, Otto. The Drawings of Rembrandt. 6 vols. London: Phaidon, 1973. (enlarged and edited by Eva Benesch from 1954-1957 ed.)
- Robinson 1977, 35.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 668, no. 1062, color repro.
- Schneider, Cynthia P. Rembrandt's Landscapes: Prints and Drawings. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1990: no. 63.
- Slive, Seymour. Rembrandt Drawings. Los Angeles, 2009: no. 11.9
- Schatborn, Peter, and Lenore van Sloten. Oude Tekeningen, Nieuwe Namen: Rembrandt en Tijdgenoten. Amsterdam, 2014: under no. 42, and fig. 42a (as Jan Ruijscher).