Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 with the entire Dreyfus collection by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 1944 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
Associated NamesDreyfus, Gustave
Duveen Brothers, Inc.
Kress Foundation, Samuel H.
- Fortune: "All Is But Fortune", The Folger Shakespeare Library, Washington, D.C., 2000, no. 76.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection: Renaissance Bronzes. Oxford, 1931: 26, no 14, pl. 13 (as Venus).
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 140, as Venus by Italian 16th Century.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: no. 518.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 141.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 229, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: