Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection: Renaissance Bronzes. Oxford, 1931: 52, no. 42, pl. 26.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 139, as Standing cupid by Italian 16th Century.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: no. 460.
- Gazda, Elaine K., and George M.A. Hanfman. "Ancient Bronzes: Decline, ...," in Art and Technology; a Symposium on Classical Bronzes. eds. Doeringer, ... Cambridge and London, 1970: 254-256, 257, fig. 18.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 84-85, no. 39.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 108, repro., as Hellenistic or Roman 2nd Century B.C.-1st Century A.D.