below gryphons on shield: SVRTEP (reversed) / MASSARO / TVS / ISINA (reversed)
Georges Leclanché [1839-1882]; (sale, Galerie Georges Petit, Paris, 23-25 May 1892, no. 158); Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection: Renaissance Bronzes. Oxford, 1931: 120, no. 108, pl. 61.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 139, as by North Italian 16th Century.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: no. 538.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 123, no. 3.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 118, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: