Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
Associated NamesDreyfus, Gustave
Duveen Brothers, Inc.
Kress Foundation, Samuel H.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection: Renaissance Bronzes. Oxford, 1931: 138, no. 118, pl. 70.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 140, repro. 46, as Door knocker in the shape of a horned and bearded mask.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: no. 500.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 114, repro.
- Vannel, Fiorenza, and Giuseppe Toderi. Medaglie e placchette del Museo Bardini di Firenze. Florence, 1998: 161.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: