Marks and Labels
Reverse bears former inventory number 83 in red paint (Dreyfus).
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Migeon, Gaston. "La collection de M. Gustave Dreyfus, V: Les plaquettes." Les Arts 80 (August 1908): 30, repro. 23, as by Melioli.
- Vaudoyer, Jean-Louis. "La collection Gustave Dreyfus." L'Amour de l'Art 6, no. 7 (1925): 245-264, fig. 24, as by Melioli.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931: 62, no. 82, pl. 26, as by Pseudo-Melioli.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 144, as by Pseudo-Melioli.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: 60, no. 201, fig. 220, as attributed to Pseudo-Melioli.
- Ford, Terrence, compiler and ed. Inventory of Music Iconography, no. 1. National Gallery of Art, Washington. New York 1986: 2, no. 29, as attributed to Pseudo-Melioli.