Marks and Labels
Reverse bears former inventory numbers 374 in black ink (unidentified collection), 8[?]0 (mostly effaced) in red paint (Dreyfus), and 297 in yellow paint (Ricci 1931).
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
Associated NamesDreyfus, Gustave
Duveen Brothers, Inc.
Kress Foundation, Samuel H.
- Molinier, Émile. Les Bronzes de la Renaissance. Les Plaquettes; Catalogue Raisonné. 2 vols. Paris, 1886: 2:87, no. 499, as Northern Italian.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931: 210-211, no. 297, pl. 88, as Northern Italian.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 148, as Northern Italian.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: 99, no. 352, fig. 305, as Northern Italian.
- Rossi, Francesco. La collezione Mario Scaglia: placchette. 3 vols. Bergamo, 2011: 1:54, under Prototipo, M.4, as Lombard school, last quarter of the fifteenth century.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: