Marks and Labels
Reverse bears former inventory numbers 108 in red paint (Dreyfus) and 344 in yellow paint (Ricci 1931).
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
Associated NamesDreyfus, Gustave
Duveen Brothers, Inc.
Kress Foundation, Samuel H.
- Molinier, Émile. Les Bronzes de la Renaissance. Les Plaquettes; Catalogue Raisonné. 2 vols. Paris, 1886: 1:98, no. 147, as Allegorical Subject, by Giovanni delle Corniole.
- Migeon, Gaston. "La collection de M. Gustave Dreyfus, V: Les plaquettes." Les Arts 80 (August 1908): 18, fig. 5, as by Giovanni delle Corniole.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931: 237, no. 344, pl. 99, as An Allegorical Scene, by “Master IO.F.F.”
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 154, as An Allegorical Scene, by “Master IO.F.F.”
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: 35, no. 107, fig. 125, as An Allegorical Scene, by “Master IO.F.F.”
- Fulton, Christopher B. "The Master IO.F.F. and the Function of Plaquettes." Studies in the History of Art 22 (1989): 146, 159 note 8, fig. 3, as Allegory with a Woman on a Dragon.
- Lucco, Mauro, Bertrand Jestaz, and Tiziana Franco, eds. Catalogo del Museo civico di Belluno. 3 vols. Vicenza, 1997: 3:40.
- Rossi, Francesco. La collezione Mario Scaglia: placchette. 3 vols. Bergamo, 2011: 1:273, under Prototipo, M.19, as after the Master IO.F.F.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: