incised in exergue: .IO[HANNES].F[ONDULINI].F[ONDULI]. (Giovanni di Fondulino Fonduli)
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
Associated NamesDreyfus, Gustave
Duveen Brothers, Inc.
Kress Foundation, Samuel H.
- Molinier, Émile. Les Bronzes de la Renaissance. Les Plaquettes; Catalogue Raisonné. 2 vols. Paris, 1886: 1:96, no. 142, as Allegory of Union, by Giovanni delle Corniole.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931: 239, no. 348, pl. 100, as Allegory of Union, by “Master IO.F.F.”
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 154, as Allegory of Union, by “Master IO.F.F.”
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: 35–36, no. 108, fig. 129, as Unidentified Scene by “Master IO.F.F.”
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 97, no. 19, as Allegory of Union(?), by “Master IO.F.F.”
- Fulton, Christopher B. "The Master IO.F.F. and the Function of Plaquettes." Studies in the History of Art 22 (1989): 145–146, 159 note 11, fig. 6, as Unidentified Scene with the Breaking of Sticks, by “Master IO.F.F.”
- Waldman, Louis. "A Livian Plaquette by Master IO.F.F." The Medal 21 (Autumn 1992): 17–19, fig. 1, as The Revolt of Volero Publilius, by “Master IO.F.F.”
- Rossi, Francesco. La collezione Mario Scaglia: placchette. 3 vols. Bergamo, 2011: 1:267, under Prototipo, M.6, 268 fig. a.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: