upper right:OPVS PISANI PICTORIS; upper center: MCCCCXLIIII
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his heirs; purchased with the entire Dreyfus collection 9 July 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 31 January 1944 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Renaissance Portraits, Smith College Museum of Art, Northampton, Massachusetts, 1953, no cat.
- The Currency of Fame: Portrait Medals of the Renaissance, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; The Frick Collection, New York; National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh, 1994-1995, no. 5a, repro.
- Campbell, Stephen J. Cosme Tura of Ferrara: Style, Politics and the Renaissance City, 1450-1495. New Haven, 1997: 46, 47, fig. 33.
- Pollard, John Graham. Renaissance Medals. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. 2 vols. Washington, 2007: 1:no. 10, repro.
- Campbell, Steven J. "Review of Renaissance Medals, Vol. 1 Italy (Washington, 2007)." The Art Bulletin 93, no. 1 (March 2011): 108, nt. 3.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: