around circumference: .PISANVS. .PICTOR.
Charles Armand Signol [d. 1875], Paris; (his estate sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 1-3 April 1878, 3rd day, no. 150); Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his heirs; purchased with the entire Dreyfus collection 9 July 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 31 January 1944 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Hill, George Francis, and Graham Pollard. Renaissance Medals from the Samuel H. Kress Collection at the National Gallery of Art. London, 1967: no. 32.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 22, no. 19.
- Kopper, Philip. America's National Gallery of Art: A Gift to the Nation. New York, 1991: 181, color repro.
- Pollard, John Graham. Renaissance Medals. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. 2 vols. Washington, 2007: 1:no. 59, repro.
- Glass, Robert. "Filarete's Hilaritas: Claiming Authorship and Status on the Doors of St. Peter's." The Art Bulletin 94, 9 (December 2012): 565-566, fig. 27, note 84.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: