around circumference: DIVA AVGVSTA DIVAE FAVSTINA
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his heirs; purchased with the entire Dreyfus collection 9 July 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 31 January 1944 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Da Pisanello alla nascita dei Musei Capitolini: L'Antico a Roma alla vigilia del Rinascimento, Musei Capitolini, Rome, 1988, no. 17.
- Hill, George Francis, and Graham Pollard. Renaissance Medals from the Samuel H. Kress Collection at the National Gallery of Art. London, 1967: no. 204.
- Pollard, John Graham. Renaissance Medals. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. 2 vols. Washington, 2007: 1:no. 229, repro.
- Brown, Beverly Louise. "The Bride's Jewellry: Lorenzo Lotto's Wedding Portrait of Marsilio & Faustina Cassotti." Apollo (January 2009): 52, fig. 6.
- Smolucha-Stadkowski, Agnieszka. "Some notes on medals of Marcus Croto and Crescentius." The Medal no. 72 (Spring 2018): 4-17, esp. 4, 15 n. 5.