around circumference: CONSTANTIA ORICELLARIA H[i]E[ronymi] ET FR[anciscae] FILLIA
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his heirs; purchased with the entire Dreyfus collection 9 July 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 31 January 1944 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Beyond Nobility: Art for the Private Citizen in the Early Renaissance, Allentown Art Museum, Pennsylvania, 1980-1981, no. 55, repro.
- Hill, George Francis, and Graham Pollard. Renaissance Medals from the Samuel H. Kress Collection at the National Gallery of Art. London, 1967: no. 281.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 39, no. 9.
- Lewis, Douglas. "The Medallic Oeuvre of 'Moderno': His Development at Mantua in the Circle of 'Antico.'" Studies in the History of Art 21 (1987):88, repro.
- Pollard, John Graham. Renaissance Medals. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. 2 vols. Washington, 2007: 1:no. 319, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: