around circumference: HIERONYMVS SAVO[narola] FER[rariensis] VIR DOCTISS[imu]S ORDINIS PREDICHATORVM
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his heirs; purchased with the entire Dreyfus collection 9 July 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 31 January 1944 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Renaissance Portraits, Smith College Museum of Art, Northampton, Massachusetts, 1953, no cat.
- Sanctity Pictured: The Art of the Dominican and Franciscan Orders in Renaissance Italy, Frist Center for the Visual Arts, Nashville, 2014-2015, no. 50, repro.
- Hill, George Francis, and Graham Pollard. Renaissance Medals from the Samuel H. Kress Collection at the National Gallery of Art. London, 1967: no. 282.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 40, no. 13.
- Pollard, John Graham. Renaissance Medals. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. 2 vols. Washington, 2007: 1:no. 335, repro.
- Campbell, Steven J. "Review of Renaissance Medals, Vol. 1 Italy (Washington, 2007)." The Art Bulletin 93, no. 1 (March 2011): 105-106.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: