around circumference: MICHAELANGELVS BONARROTVS FLOR[entinus] AET[atis] S[uae] ANN[o] 88; lower left on truncation: LEO
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his heirs; purchased with the entire Dreyfus collection 9 July 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 31 January 1944 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
Associated NamesDreyfus, Gustave
Duveen Brothers, Inc.
Kress Foundation, Samuel H.
- The Age of Vasari, Art Gallery, University of Notre Dame, Indiana; University Art Gallery, State University of New York at Binghamton, 1970, no. M15.
- The Genius of the Sculptor in Michelangelo's Work, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, 1992, no. 77, repro.
- The Power of Appearances: Renaissance and Reformation Portrait Prints, Hood Museum of Art, Dartmouth College, Hanover, 2000, no cat.
- Hill, George Francis, and Graham Pollard. Renaissance Medals from the Samuel H. Kress Collection at the National Gallery of Art. London, 1967: no. 429.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 133, no. 20.
- Pollard, John Graham. Renaissance Medals. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. 2 vols. Washington, 2007: 1:no. 500, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: