- Prints of the Italian Renaissance, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1973, no. 189.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald: Tribute to a Collector, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1982, no. 38, repro.
- The Unfinished Print, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, as Virgin and Child in a Grotto by Mantegna School, repro.
- The Unfinished Print, The Frick Collection, New York; Städelsches Kunstinstitut, Frankfurt am Main, 2004-2005.
- Hind, Arthur M. Early Italian Engraving; a critical catalogue with complete reproductions of all the prints described. 7 vols. London: Bernard Quaritch Ltd., 1938-1948.
- Levenson et al. 1973, no.81.
- Fine, Ruth E. Lessing J. Rosenwald: Tribute to a Collector. Washington, DC: National Gallery of Art, 1982, no. 38.
- Kopper, Philip. America's National Gallery of Art: A Gift to the Nation. New York, 1991: 208, repro.