on verso, at lower right, in graphite: RS 347
Marks and Labels
Given by the artist to James Cralman, American war correspondent in London; bequeathed by Cralman to Sir James Shannon [1862 - 1923], London; Mrs. C. Lewis Hind, London; (C. S. Millard, 1922); R. A. Walker [1886 - 1959] by 1923; (sale, Anderson Galleries, New York, 8 December 1925, no. 308); (Rosenbach Company, Philadelphia, by 1929); purchased on March 23, 1930, by Lessing J. Rosenwald [1891-1979], Jenkintown, PA; gift to NGA, 1943.
- Inaugural Loan Exhibition of Prints on the opening of the Print Room of the Glasgow Art Gallery, Scotland, 1921.
- Loan Exhibition of Drawings by Aubrey Beardsley, National Gallery, London, 1923-24, no.21.
- Exhibit of Drawings by Aubrey Beardsley, Whitworth Institute, Manchester, UK, 1924.
- Aubrey Beardsley, Victoria & Albert Museum, London; Gallery of Modern Art and the Huntington Hartford Museum, New York; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1966-68, no. 134.
- In Pursuit of the Butterfly: Portraits of James A. McNeil Whistler. National Portrait Gallery, Washington, D.C., 1995, 138, fig. 5:14.
- The Cult of Beauty: The Aesthetic Movement, 1860-1900. Victoria and Albert Museum, London. London, 2011, 188, pl. 162 (exhibited in London only).
- Aubrey Beardsley, Tate Britain, London; and Musée d'Orsay, Paris, 2020-2021, no. 43, repro.
- Wilson, Simon. Beardsley. Oxford, 1983: fig. 32.
- Zatlin, Linda Gertner. Aubrey Beardsley: A Catalogue Raisonne. Vol. I. New Haven and London, 2016: no. 314.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: