(Count Alessandro Contini Bonacossi, Florence), by May 1938; purchased 1938 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
Associated NamesContini Bonacossi, Alessandro, Count
Kress Foundation, Samuel H.
- Night Scenes, Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, 1940, no. 9, repro., as Christ in the Garden.
- Painting in Renaissance Siena, 1420-1500, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1988-1989, no. 62a, repro. (cat. by Keith Christiansen, Laurence B. Kanter, and Carl Brandon Strehlke).
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 24, no. 429.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 248, repro. 72.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1945-1951. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 62, no. 20, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 84, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 14.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 158, fig. 428.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 7, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 26, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: 1:65; 2:pl. 40.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 46, repro.
- Wheeler, Marion, ed. His Face--Images of Christ in Art, New York, 1988: 127, no. 70, color repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 115, 120-124, color repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: