Lady Rothschild, Paris. Alfred H. Mulliken [died 1931], Chicago and New Canaan; (his sale, American Art Association, New York, 5 January 1933, no. 20); purchased by James Raines. William R. Timken [1866-1949], New York; by inheritance to his widow, Lillian Guyer Timken [1881-1959], New York; bequest 1960 to NGA.
- Inaugural Exhibition: European Paintings, The Art Museum, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, 1969-1970, no cat.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 63, as by Greuze.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 55, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 164, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 190, repro.
- Conisbee, Philip, et al. French Paintings of the Fifteenth through the Eighteenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2009: 481, repro.