center left on base of column: P. NEEFFS
Raoul Tolentino, Florence; (his sale, American Art Association, New York, 21-27 April 1920, no. 890); William R. Timken [1866-1949], New York; by inheritance to his widow, Lillian Guyer Timken [1881-1959], New York; bequest 1960 to NGA.
- Dutch Cabinet Galleries, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1995-1996, no cat.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 96.
- European Paintings and Sculpture: Illustrations (Companion to the Summary Catalogue, 1965). Washington, 1968: 85, no. 1581, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 252, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 292, repro.
- Wheelock, Arthur K., Jr. Flemish Paintings of the Seventeenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2005: 137-140, color repro.