Possibly George Ashburnham, 3rd earl of Ashburnham [1760-1830], Florence and Ashburnham Place, Battle, Sussex; by inheritance to his son, Bertram Ashburnham, 4th earl of Ashburnham [1797-1878], Ashburnham Place; by inheritance to his son, Bertram Ashburnham, 5th earl of Ashburnham [1840-1913], Ashburnham Place; by inheritance to his daughter, Lady Mary Catherine Charlotte Ashburnham [d. 1953], Ashburnham Place; (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York), by 1919; sold 1944 to the Samuel H. Kress Collection, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- Possibly Bache Collection, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1943.
- Recent Additions to the Kress Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no. 796.
- Painting in Renaissance Siena, 1420-1500, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1988-1989, no. 40, repro. (cat. by Keith Christiansen, Laurence B. Kanter, and Carl Brandon Strehlke).
- Frankfurter, Alfred M. Supplement to the Kress Collection in the National Gallery. New York, 1946: 32-33, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 42.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 140, fig. 377.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 35, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 108, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: 1:157-158; 2:pl. 111.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 130, repro.
- Chelazzi Dini, Giulietta, Alessandro Angelini, and Bernardina Sani. Sienese Painting From Duccio to the Birth of the Baroque. New York, 1997: 255-256, 261.
- Boskovits, Miklós, David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 2003: 513-518, color repro., as Attributed to Matteo di Giovanni.
- Walmsley, Elizabeth. "Italian Renaissance Paintings Restored in Paris by Duveen Brothers, Inc., c. 1927-1929." Facture: conservation, science, art history 1 (2013): 58-77, fig. 19.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: