Possibly Bortolo Dafino (Bartolomeo Da Fin), Venice, by 1648. Frederick Richards Leyland [1831-1892], London; (his estate sale, Christie's, London, 28 May 1892, no. 107, as by Giolfino); (Charles Fairfax Murray, London); sold to Robert Henry [1850-1929] and Evelyn Holford [1856-1943] Benson, London and Buckhurst Park, Sussex; sold 1927 with the Benson collection to (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 1949 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- A Collection of Pictures of the Early Venetian School and Other Works of Art, Burlington Fine Arts Club, London, 1912, no. 18 (no. 29 and pl. XXV of illustrated catalogue titled Early Venetian Pictures and Other Works of Art).
- Loan Exhibition of the Benson Collection of Old Italian Masters, City of Manchester Art Gallery, 1927, no. 27.
- Four Centuries of Venetian Paintings, Toledo Museum of Art, Ohio, 1940, no. 9, repro.
- Benson, Robert Henry. Catalogue of Italian Pictures at 16 South Street, Park Lane, London and Buckhurst in Sussex. London, privately printed, 1914: no. 75.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1951-56. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida and Fern Rusk Shapley. National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1956: 30, no. 7, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 142, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 12.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 5, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 43, fig. 100.
- Fehl, Philipp. "The Worship of Bacchus and Venus in Bellini's and Titian's Bacchanals for Alfonso d'Este." Studies in the History of Art vol. 6 (1974):51, 52 repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 22, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: 1:54-55; 2:pl. 30.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 203, no. 245, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 43, repro.
- Sebag-Montefiore, Charles. "Three Lost Collections of London." National Art Collections Fund Magazine 38 (Christmas 1988): 54.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: