Possibly commissioned c. 1510 by a Carmelite monastery in Brescia, Italy; probably sold into the Manfrin collection, Venice, formed in part by Girolamo Manfrin [d. 1801]; by inheritance to Pietro Manfrin; by inheritance to Giulia-Giovanna Manfrin-Plattis [d. 1848/1849]; collection divided between Marquis Antonio-Maria Plattis and Bortolina Plattis, widow of Baron Sardagna; (Plattis sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 13 May 1870, no. 73). Charles A. Loeser [1864-1928], Florence, from the 1890s; by inheritance to his daughter, Mrs. Ronald Calnan, Milan; sold 1954 to (Count Alessandro Contini Bonacossi, Florence); sold 1954 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- La Pittura Bresciana del Rinascimento, Palazzo Tosio-Martinengo, Brescia, 1939, no. 156, repro.
- Giovanni Gerolamo Savoldo: tra Foppa Giorgione e Caravaggio, Moastero S. Giulia, Brescia, 1990, no. I.2, and Schirn Kunsthalle, (as Giovanni Gerolamo Savoldo und die Renaissance zwischen Lombardei und Venetien, no. I.4).
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1951-56. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida and Fern Rusk Shapley. National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1956: 162, no. 63, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 162, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 121.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 108, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 89-90, fig. 215.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 322, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: 1:418-419; 2:pl. 299.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 223, no. 274, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 369, repro.
- Hand, John Oliver. National Gallery of Art: Master Paintings from the Collection. Washington and New York, 2004: 107, no. 82, color repro.
- Casciello, Alberto Maria. "Per l'iconografia del profeta Elia di Girolamo Savoldo." Rivista dell'Istituto Nazionale d'Archeologia e Storia dell'Arte 73 (III S., XLI, 2018): 245-282, figs. 1 and 4, 5, 8, 9, 22-24 (details).
- Sort by:
- Results layout: