Ghizzi family, Naples; sold by 1821 to a Marquess of Lansdowne; Henry Petty-FitzMaurice, 3rd Marquess of Lansdowne, Bowood Hall, Wiltshire, England, by 1821; by inheritance to Henry Petty-FitzMaurice, 4th Marquess of Lansdowne [1816-1866], Bowood Hall; by inheritance to Henry Charles Keith Petty-FitzMaurice, 5th Marquess of Lansdowne [1845-1927], Bowood Hall, until at least 1914. (Thos. Agnew & Sons, Ltd., London), on joint account with (M. Knoedler & Company, New York); and (Pinakos [Rudolf Heinemann], New York); sold 1955 to to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- British Institution, London, 1821, as Frederigo da Bozzolo.
- British Institution, London, 1832, as Portrait of a Man.
- Royal Academy, London, 1871, as A Senator.
- The Venetian School. Pictures by Titian and his Contemporaries. Burlington Fine Arts Club, London, 1914, no. 27, repro., as Portrait of Federigo da Bozzolo.
- A Gift to America: Masterpieces of European Painting from the Samuel H. Kress Collection, four venues, 1994-1995, no. 1, repro. (shown only at last two venues: Seattle Art Museum and California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco).
- Sebastiano del Piombo, 1485-1547, Palazzo di Venezia, Rome; Kulturforum, Berlin, 2008, no. 36, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1951-56. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida and Fern Rusk Shapley. National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1956: 166, no. 65, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 164, repro.
- Walker, John, Guy Emerson, and Charles Seymour. Art Treasures for America: An Anthology of Paintings & Sculpture in the Samuel H. Kress Collection. London, 1961: 119, repro. pl 109, color repro. pl. 110.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 308, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 122.
- Cairns, Huntington, and John Walker, eds. A Pageant of Painting from the National Gallery of Art. 2 vols. New York, 1966: 1:188, color repro.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 108, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 167, fig. 398.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 324, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: 1:424-425; 2:pl. 303.
- Hirst, Michael. Sebastiano del Piombo. Oxford, 1991: 79, 101-102, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 206, no. 251, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 371, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: