Acquired in Italy between 1835-1840 by Charles Eliot Norton, Boston. Quincy Shaw, Boston. (Wildenstein & Co., New York). Acquired 1946 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- Recent Additions to the Kress Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no. A-161.
- Seymour, Charles. Masterpieces of Sculpture from the National Gallery of Art. Washington and New York, 1949: 174-175, note 16, repro. 64-65.
- Hartt, Frederick. 'Review: Charles Seymour Jr., Masterpieces of Sculpture from the National Gallery of Art." College Art Journal 10 (Wnter 1951): 205.
- Pope-Hennessy, John. 'Review: Masterpieces of Sculpture from the National Gallery of Art by Charles Seymour." The Burlington Magazine 93, no. 576 (March 1951): 98.
- Middeldorf, Ulrich. Sculptures from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: European Schools XIV-XIX Century. London, 1976: 84.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 89, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: